The Prospectors & Developers Association of Canada’s (PDAC) 2020 Convention will commence this weekend in Toronto, marking its 88th year. The convention takes place March 1-4 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.
“The PDAC Convention is the one event that the world’s mineral exploration and mining industry cannot afford to miss, and 2020 will be my 32nd consecutive year attending” PDAC President Felix Lee said. “It is an opportunity for industry professionals to gather and best position themselves and their companies for the year ahead.”
Toronto is the mining investment capital of the world and Canada is home to more than half the world’s mining and exploration companies.
“More than 25,000 attendees from more than 132 countries are consistently represented at the PDAC Convention, and some of the top reasons for this are the networking, investment and learning opportunities,” Lee said. “It’s a historical and iconic event that we are proud to offer on behalf of the sector each year.”
A lineup of programs, short courses, speakers, investment opportunities and events are available for attendees, reflecting the current trends and issues facing the industry.
PDAC 2020 Convention highlights include:
- Keynote Session: Discoveries of the 21st Century;
- Building an investor toolkit: Practical tips seminar;
- Programs: Indigenous, Capital Markets, Sustainability and Technical;
- Mineral Outlook Luncheon: Catherine Raw, COO, North America, Barrick Gold Corp., will discuss the recent spate of M&A in the gold mining sector; and
- The Network, PDAC’s new reception, is the must-attend event to connect with domestic and international professionals, and discuss matters shaping the industry.