Vedanta Resources has announced it will double copper production capacity at its Tuticorin copper smelter in southern India from 400,000 metric tons per year (mt/y) to 800,000 mt/y and that Konkola Copper Mines (KCM) in Zambia will build a new copper refinery at its Nchanga operations, with production capacity of about 200,000 mt/y of refined copper. Vedanta holds a 79.4% interest in KCM. The remaining 20.6% interest is held by the Zambian government and public shareholders.

Read More in our Digital Edition