A call for presentations has been posted to the MINExpo INTERNATIONAL 2020 website. Submissions will be accepted through September 30.
Hal Quinn, National Mining Association (NMA) president and CEO, lauded the opportunity afforded by the show, and said, “NMA members are leaders in all aspects of mining — safety, mine operations, use of advanced technologies, environmental stewardship — and the show is an excellent opportunity to share best practices and lessons learned with others in the mining community.”
Presentations should focus on:
- “How-to” information that stimulates and provides attendees with new skills, processes or technology, and efficiency gains;
- Case studies with users that provide lessons learned or an introduction of new technology and services that can be readily implemented;
- Problem resolution using integrated teams of users, vendors, and suppliers;
- Best practices that have been implemented or are critical for consideration by the mining industry; or
- Practical and forward-thinking content that promotes the exchange of ideas with attendees.
Sessions will be held the morning of Tuesday, September 29 and Wednesday, September 30. Each session will last two hours and include three to four 15-minute presentations.
Broad subject areas for the sessions are safety, advances in mining technology, underground mining, surface mining, processing, preparation, maintenance, exploration, mine development, post-mining land uses, water use and management, energy use and management, solid waste reduction and treatment, automation, artificial intelligence, workplace (reimaging, diversity or inclusion), supply chain, markets, and new mine projects.