Newcrest Mining Ltd. managing director & CEO Sandeep Biswas unveiled the company’s new executive leadership team. He said the composition of the new, smaller team reflects Newcrest's current priorities and its focus on operating discipline and cash generation. “This team has extensive operational and functional experience and the right skill base to fully realise the potential of all our assets,” Biswas said.
The Executive Committee comprises:
• Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer Sandeep Biswas;
• Finance Director & Chief Financial Officer Gerard Bond;
• Executive General Manager International Operations David Woodall;
• Executive General Manager Australian Operations & Projects Craig Jones;
• Executive General Manager Minerals Colin Moorhead;
• General Counsel & Company Secretary Francesca Lee; and
• Executive General Manager Human Resources and Communications Jane Thomas.
The role of COO occupied by Sandeep Biswas for the past six months will not be replaced. Executive General Manager, Sustainability and External Affairs Geoff Day will leave Newcrest during the current quarter to take up the role of chief executive officer of Kingsgate Consolidated. The role will not be replaced on the Executive Committee; responsibilities will be re-distributed amongst committee members.
Phil Stephenson will to take up the role of general manager health safety environment and security. Stephenson's most recent role in his 28-year mining career was vice president - global, health safety and security at Newmont Mining Corp. He will report to the managing director & CEO.