U.S. Gold Corp. acquired Minera Andes Inc. and was renamed McEwen Mining (MUX).
The company will be led by Rob McEwen, chairman, president and CEO. Management will also consist of Perry Ing (Chief Financial Officer), William Faust (Chief Operating Officer), Ian J. Ball (Senior Vice President), Stefan Spears (Vice President, Projects) and Nils Engelstad (Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Secretary).
McEwen Mining’s principal assets consist of the following:
* a 49% interest in Minera Santa Cruz SA in Argentina;
* owner of the San Jose Silver-Gold mine in Argentina;
* the El Gallo Complex in Mexico (first phase of production expected Q2 2012);
* the Gold Bar Project in Nevada; and
* the Los Azules Copper Deposit in Argentina.
McEwen Mining has set its sights on being included in the S&P 500 by 2015 by creating a high growth, low-cost, mid-tier silver producer focused in the Americas.