Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Osisko Reports New Monthly Production Record
During July, Osisko Mining Corp. reported record monthly gold production of 37,780 oz, record monthly mill throughput of 1.3 million metric tons (mt), record daily throughput (based on 31 days of operation) of 41,935 mt/d.
“We are now beginning to see significant improvement in daily throughput and gold production from the Canadian Malartic mill,” said Sean Roosen, president and CEO, Osisko. “With the now completed pre-crushing circuit and the coming installation of the second pebble crusher in early fourth quarter, we will be focused on plant optimization and cost reduction.”
Since starting production last year, Canadian Malartic has now produced more than 400,000 oz of gold with an average grade milled of 1.02 g/mt gold and an average recovery of 88.6%.