Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Sandvik, BHP to Design and Test Potash Conveyor
Sandvik Mining recently entered into an agreement with BHP Billiton for the conceptual design and testing of an extendable belt system (EBS) for use at BHP Billiton’s Jansen project in Canada. The project, located near Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, will employ Sandvik Borer Miners for production with the EBS used for haulage to the panel belts. The EBS designed and developed under this agreement will incorporate the latest technology available for enhancement of automation, production, life cycle costs and safety. Sandvik conveyor products and systems are used around the world for both surface and underground mining applications where high production rates and low life cycle costs are required.