Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Jacobs Receives Contract from Shell Canada Energy
Jacobs Engineering Group received a five-year contract from Shell Canada Energy for front end engineering design, engineering, procurement, construction support, commissioning support and related services for the Jackpine Mine Tailings and Infrastructure Program. The Jackpine mine is one of two mines at Shell’s Albian Sands site near Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. Officials did not disclose the contract value.
Jacobs is delivering a portfolio of projects involving conceptual engineering of new technologies to consolidate tailings and meet environmental requirements. “We are delighted to build on our previous success with Shell at the Albian Sands site and extend our services into environmental projects at the Jackpine mine,” said Jacobs Group Vice President Chip Mitchell. “Our strength in portfolio management combined with our team’s proven performance on tailings projects supports Shell in the responsible development of their oil sands assets.”