Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
ICMM at Rio+20
ICMM will actively participate at Rio+20 to ensure that the role and achievements of the mining and metals industry in sustainable development are recognized at the conference and beyond.
At the Rio+20 conference, world leaders, along with thousands of participants from governments, the private sector, NGOs and other groups, will come together to shape how we can reduce poverty, advance social equity and ensure a future where everyone has an equal chance to prosper without a net loss to the environment.
ICMM is a member of Business Action for Sustainable Development (BASD), a coalition of leading international business groups that is representing the business community in the Rio+20 process. ICMM will be posting live through our social media channels. Interested readers are encouraged to follow them on LinkedIn and Twitter. www.icmm.com