Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Operations Resume at the Orcopampa Mine
Compañia de Minas Buenaventura S.A.A. has reached an agreement with the Orcopampa workers’ union, within the frame of the annual collective negotiations. As a consequence, the union concluded the strike that began May 26, 2012. Normal operations resumed at Orcopampa June 8. The strike was declared illegal by the Peruvian Ministry of Labor. Buenaventura S.A.A. is Peru’s largest, publicly-traded precious metals company and it operates several mines in Peru.