Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
ICMI Schedules July Cyanide Training Meeting for Mexico City
The International Cyanide Management Institute (ICMI) has scheduled a training workshop on implementing and auditing of the International Cyanide Management Code for July 19 in Mexico City, Mexico.
This full-day workshop will focus on the practical issues associated with implementing and auditing the Cyanide Code. The intent of each of the Cyanide Code’s Principles and Standards of Practice will be discussed, along with the Cyanide Code’s expectations for performance and the measures typically necessary to achieve that performance. Interpretive guidance will be provided on how auditors are to use their professional judgment in determining whether an operation is in compliance with the Cyanide Code. Other topics will include re-certification audits and cyanide transport. The training will be conducted in English by ICMI Vice President Norm Greenwald, with simultaneous translation into Spanish.
The workshop will be held at the JW Marriott Hotel, Andres Bello 29 Polanco, Mexico City, Mexico. The hotel can be reached by telephone at +52-55-59-99-0000 and hotel reservations can be made by email at www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mexjw-jw-marriott-hotel-mexico-city/.