Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Outotec to Deliver Technology for Copper Production
Outotec and Grupo México have signed a contract for the delivery of solvent extraction and electrowinning (SX-EW) technology for Grupo México’s Buenavista del Cobre plant, in northern México. The contract value is about EUR 22 million.
Outotec’s delivery consists of SX-EW technology for a new copper production plant including proprietary and key process equipment and spare parts. Outotec will also provide engineering and site services such as installation supervision and operator training. The delivery will take place within the next 24 months.
After the start-up scheduled in the early 2014, the new plant will have an annual production capacity of 113,000 metric tons (mt) of cathode copper and it will be the largest SX plant of the world, when measured by its design feed flow capacity.