Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Rio Tinto Joins New Iron Ore Trading Network
Rio Tinto has become a member of the new China Beijing Metals Exchange (CBMX). The CBMX is an electronic trading platform that will provide participating members with an additional iron ore trading channel in the China market.
A signing ceremony was recently held in Singapore between senior officials of CBMX and Rio Tinto Iron Ore Asia, which markets iron ore on behalf of Rio Tinto to its Asian customers. “We welcome the development of CBMX as it gives us a new option for selling any available tons to China, over and above those already contracted. We look forward to the Exchange developing into a transparent, independent, efficient and sustainable iron ore trading platform supported by broad market participation,” said Rio Tinto Iron Ore Asia President Alan Smith.