Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
FLSmidth Awarded Material Handling Project in Australia
FLSmidth has signed a contract worth approximately $50 million with BIS Industries Ltd. to supply material handling equipment to the iron ore mine owned by Gindalbie Metals Ltd. some 200 km east of Geraldton, Western Australia. The contract comprises an iron ore tailings stacking system including a RAHCO mobile stacking system with a capacity of 2,850 metric tons per hour. The technology that FLSmidth provides introduces a process that enables dewatered tailings material to be conveyed and stacked rather than pumped. This process allows the client to utilize a smaller footprint, decrease environmental exposure, re-use much of their process water and reduce operating costs.