Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Jacobs Acquires Australian IT Firm Unique World
Jacobs Engineering has acquired Unique World, an information technology (IT) services company based in Sydney, Australia. The terms of the agreement of the agreement have not been disclosed. The acquisition allows Jacobs to expand its capabilities in Australia to include IT services, as well as to expand its services with mining companies.
“Unique World is comprised of a strong, engaged team with solid delivery focus,” said Craig Martin, president and CEO, Jacobs Engineering. “Their strengths are a great complement to Jacobs and to our mutually client-focused culture.”
Jacobs said it views IT services to be a particularly strong market, and this acquisition aligns with its strategy to grow key markets in new and existing locations outside of the U.S. Unique World’s IT services concentrate on information and knowledge management; enterprise collaboration and intranets and portals solutions using Microsoft SharePoint Server.