Oyu Tolgoi Reaches Product Milestone

Bagged copper concentrate from Oyu Tolgoi.Oyu Tolgoi LLC announced on February 18 that it had shipped its 1 millionth metric ton (mt) of copper concentrate, approximately 19 months after its first concentrate shipment in July 2013. Oyu Tolgoi LLC President and CEO Andrew Woodley said, “This is a major milestone for the company. To reach 1 million mt in such a short time has required extraordinary teamwork from each member of the Oyu Tolgoi family, along with the strong support of our stakeholders.”

Read more ...

Pilot Gold Reports Downsized PEA for Halilağa

Pilot Gold has reported the results of a revised preliminary economic assessment (PEA) of the Halilağa copper-gold porphyry project in northwest Turkey. Teck Resources’ Turkish subsidiary, Teck Madencilik Sanayi Ticaret A.S., holds a 60% interest in the project and is the project operator. Pilot Gold holds the remaining 40%.

Read more ...

Barrick to Divest Porgera JV

As part of a debt reduction program, Barrick Gold has announced its intention to divest the Porgera Joint Venture. Located in the highlands of Papua New Guinea (PNG), the Porgera gold mine is a joint venture operation (Barrick Gold, 95% and PNG government, 5%) that uses both open-pit and underground mining methods.

Read more ...

India Looks at Future Mineral Resource Auctions

India's undeveloped iron ore deposits, along with other strategic metals resources, may be headed for auction if proposed legislation is approved.The Indian government has approved development of legislative changes to allocate mineral resources such as iron ore, manganese and bauxite through the auction route, replacing the present discretionary process based on applications.

Read more ...

Let's stay in touch!

All of the latest mining news and our digital edition sent to your inbox once a week.

We'll never share your email address, and you can opt out at any time, we promise.

Digital Edition

Precious Metals ($/oz)

[Most Recent Quotes from www.kitco.com]