Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Pilot Gold Launches Drill Program in Turkey
- Created on Monday, 13 May 2013 20:59
Pilot Gold has initiated a 30,000-m drilling campaign at the TV Tower property on the Biga peninsula in northwestern Turkey. The campaign includes 15,000 m of drilling on the property’s KCD target and 7,500 m each on the Kayali and Columbaz targets. Three diamond core drills are now in operation, and an additional reverse circulation drill may be activated later in the season.
Hochschild Commits to Major Exploration Program in Mexico
- Created on Saturday, 13 April 2013 18:04
Solitario Exploration & Royalty Corp. has signed a binding letter of intent (LoI) with Minera Hochschild México, a 100%-owned subsidiary of Hochschild Mining plc, on Solitario’s 100%-owned Pachuca Norte silver-gold project in central Mexico. The Pachuca Norte project encompasses approximately 19,000 ha of mineral rights in and around the historic Pachuca silver-gold mining district. Historic production from the district totals approximately 1.4 billion oz of silver and more than 7 million oz of gold, making it one of the largest silver-gold districts in the world.
British Columbia Cutting Regulatory Red Tape
- Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 17:53
Rich Coleman, British Columbia Minister of Energy, Mines, and Natural Gas, announced in late January 2013 a package of regulatory changes designed to cut red tape and make exploration and mining more efficient in the province.
Great Western Minerals
- Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 17:40
Great Western Minerals is undertaking an additional 9,400-m, 65-hole diamond drilling program at its Steenkampskrall rare earths project, located 350 km north of Cape Town in South Africa’s Western Cape province.
NovaCopper Releases Compliant Mineral Resource Estimate
- Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 17:36
NovaCopper has released an initial NI 43-101-compliant mineral resource estimate for the South Reef zone of its Bornite project in the Ambler mining district in northwestern Alaska. At the base case 1% copper cut-off grade, the South Reef zone is estimated to contain an inferred resource of 43.1 million mt at 2.54% copper, or 2.4 billion lb of contained copper.
Corex Gold Finalizes Agreement With Vale
- Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 17:34
Corex Gold has finalized an agreement with Vale whereby Vale can acquire up to a 65% interest in Corex’s Santana gold project in Sonora, Mexico by making work expenditures of $16 million over a period of six years. Exploration work on the 8,500-ha Santana property is targeting a multi-million-oz copper-gold porphyry deposit.
Chinalco Subsidiary Signs Farm-in Agreement for Codelco’s Sulfatos Property
- Created on Friday, 14 September 2012 00:00
China Yunnan Copper Australia Chile, a 100%-owned Chilean subsidiary of Chinalco Yunnan Copper Resources (CYU), has signed a farm-in agreement with a subsidiary of Codelco for the Sulfatos copper porphyry exploration property in northern Chile.
North American Palladium Reports Positive Exploration Results at Lac des Iles
- Created on Monday, 13 August 2012 00:00
North American Palladium reports that the 2012 exploration program at its Lac des Iles palladium mine in northern Ontario continues to generate positive results. The primary focus of the program is underground exploration targeting the Offset Zone, which is being developed as an underground ore source to support an expansion of Lac des Iles production. Also, drilling at the Sheriff Zone, approximately 200 m southeast of the current Lac des Iles open-pit, has improved the prospect for additional near-surface resources at the property.
Torex Finds More Gold at Morelos
- Created on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 17:50
Torex Gold Resources reports that the initial drill program at its Media Luna target, south of the Balsas river on its 100%-owned Morelos gold project in Guerrero state, Mexico, discovered consistent gold mineralization over a 900-m strike length. The new discovery is in addition to two deposits north of the Balsas river, where Torex has established estimated NI 43-101-compliant measured and indicated mineral resources of 4.8 million oz of gold.
Pretium Reports Brucejack Progress
- Created on Wednesday, 20 June 2012 17:31
Pretium Resources reports that initial results from the 2012 drill program at its Brucejack gold project in northern British Columbia continue to confirm the projection and continuity of high-grade mineralization in the project’s Valley of the Kings zone. An initial 25,000-m, in-fill drill program is in progress. The first holes are focused on delineating the eastern end of the Valley of the Kings and testing for extension of the zone to the east. The primary objective of the 2012 drilling is to increase drill density to upgrade inferred resources to indicated in support of a feasibility study that is currently under way.
Atlantic Ltd reports increase in drilling and surveying at Windimurra
- Created on Friday, 11 May 2012 17:26
Atlantic Ltd. reported in early April 2012 that drilling and surveying in recent months at its Windimurra vanadium project in Western Australia has increased the JORC-compliant global mineral resource for the project by 33 million mt to 243 million mt grading 0.48% V2O5, a 16% increase on the previous global mineral resource. The grade across the larger resource tonnage increased to 0.48% V2O5 from 0.47% V2O5, with an increase in average grade to 0.50% V2O5 in the southern mine area of the deposit.
- Lumina Copper expanded drill program at Taca Taca
- Sumitomo Metal Mining identified new gold deposit
- Teranga Gold reports ongoing drilling in Senagal
- Brigus Reports Positive Drill Results from Black Fox
- Newmont Increases its Gold Reserves
- New Brunswick Tops Survey of Exploration Destinations
- Auzex adn GGG completed Phase II in joint venture
- Orezone Gold reports positive oxide and sulphide results
- Solitario & Votorantim announce drill results from joint venture
- Northern Freegold Resources reported compliant resource estimate