Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Molycorp granted authorization from U.S. Bureau of Land Management
- Created on Friday, 20 January 2012 18:35
Molycorp has been granted authorization from the U.S. Bureau of Land Management to begin exploratory drilling at an occurrence of heavy rare earths located near its flagship rare earth manufacturing facility at Mountain Pass, California.
Preliminary exploration at the site has shown rare earth mineralization with an average ore grade of approximately 4% and a relatively high percentage of heavy rare earths, such as terbium, dysprosium, europium and samarium, as well as relatively high percentages of yttrium, neodymium and praseodymium. (www.molycorp.com)