Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Peabody Energy Opens New Indonesian Office
- Created on Friday, 24 February 2012 21:11
Peabody Energy announced the opening of an office in Balikpapan, Indonesia, a seaport city in the East Kalimantan province. The move further expands the company’s presence in the world’s largest supplier of seaborne thermal coal.
Peabody’s Balikpapan office complements ongoing sourcing and business development activities in Indonesia and supports an office in the capital city of Jakarta. Indonesia is the fastest-growing supplier of thermal coal to both China and India, and Peabody is positioning itself to assist local suppliers in moving Indonesian coal throughout the Pacific Rim. The company has secured multiple term offtake agreements from resource-rich East Kalimantan.