Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
All-in-one Solution for UG Teleremote Control System
- Created on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 21:04
Perth, Australia-based Remote Control Technologies (RCT), which builds and supplies wireless remote control and guidance systems used by the mining industry, has signed a joint cooperation agreement with MineARC Systems, an Australian supplier of mine refuge chambers. According to the two companies, clients will now have the added option of purchasing a MineARC HRM refuge chamber with an internal fit-out allowance for installation of an RCT Teleremote Control System (TCS).
The TCS, which will be installed in refuge chambers as they are built at MineARC’s production facility in Perth, allows mining personnel to operate equipment from inside the refuge chamber. The all-in-one option, said the companies, offers a number of advantages, including financial and transport benefits, as customers will need to purchase only a single, combined unit that can be shipped directly to the site. Once installed in the mine, remote operators will have immediate access to essential life support and emergency systems if required, while during normal operations the chamber provides spacious, clean surroundings as well as a filtered air system, air conditioning and adequate lighting.