Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Metso to Deliver Second Rotary Railcar Dumper
- Created on Friday, 16 March 2012 15:01
Metso announced it will supply a tandem rotary railcar dumper to Hamersley Iron Pty Ltd. with delivery going to Hamersley Iron’s Cape Lambert, Port B iron ore operation in Western Australia. The order—value of which was not disclosed—also includes spare parts, technical assistance during installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning and performance testing.
Metso said the design of the equipment allows for lower maintenance and higher, more efficient material output flow, and ease and safety of maintenance is also improved through a reduction of overall components.
Delivery is scheduled for the second quarter of 2013.