Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Joy Forms Sales and Service Agreement with J.H. Fletcher
- Created on Friday, 16 March 2012 15:00
Joy Mining Machinery and J.H. Fletcher & Co. signed an exclusive distribution and authorized service provider agreement that allows Joy to market, sell and service all Fletcher products to coal, hard rock and industrial mineral mines that use Joy cutting products.
The agreement, effective immediately, covers all locations worldwide with the exception of North America, Australia and Norway where Fletcher will continue to market, sell and service its products as it has in the past, and coal mines in Poland where Joy’s rights will not be exclusive.
Fletcher offers a range of high, medium and low seam mobile bolters and mobile roof supports with other underground coal mining equipment that includes pan line mounted bolters, degasification and exploratory long hole drills, diesel prime movers, face drill jumbos and beam setters. Joy will continue to manufacture, market, sell and service its existing line of mobile bolting products such as the Ramtrak, Quadbolter and Multibolter to customers in Australia and to Joy’s existing mobile roof bolting customers in other countries.
The agreement allows Joy to offer full maintenance contracts for complete sets of equipment including both Joy underground mining machinery and Fletcher bolters in mechanized room and pillar sections.