Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Raise Boring Machines: Sizing the Rig to the Job
- Created on Monday, 08 April 2013 21:45
The 69-daylong rescue of 33 workers trapped in the collapsed San José underground gold-copper mine during the late summer and autumn days of 2010 accomplished several matters of differing importance: Most importantly, the miners were rescued without further serious injury or loss of life. Millions of TV watchers came away with a better understanding of the toughness and ingenuity of underground miners, and the dark, unforgiving world in which they spend their working hours.
Liebherr Expands Truck Production Facility
- Created on Monday, 08 April 2013 21:43
Liebherr Mining Equipment plans to invest $45.4 million through 2014 to expand its mine-truck manufacturing factory, warehouse and office space in Newport News, Virginia, USA. The expansion, according to the company, is in accordance with its ongoing program to develop new mining truck models and to increase production capabilities to handle a yearly output of more than 100 units.
Upgrade Boosts Satcom Bandwidth Capacity
- Created on Monday, 08 April 2013 21:41
Satellite-based IP communications provider VT iDirect (iDirect) announced that ITC Global intends to upgrade its mining-sector satellite network to iDirect’s soon-to-be-released iDX 3.2 software featuring Adaptive TDMA, and will deploy the next-generation Evolution X7 remote.
M&A News: Timken, Goldhofer, Golder, Pyott-Boone Expand Portfolios
- Created on Monday, 08 April 2013 21:39
The Timken Co. announced in mid-March its acquisition of Interlube Systems Ltd., which makes and markets automated lubrication delivery systems and related components to end market sectors including mining and construction.
Contractor Awarded $1.8B Fortescue Mining Deal
- Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 22:44
Australian contract miner Macmahon Holdings Ltd. reported recently that it had been awarded the largest single mining contract in its history.
The company secured an A$1.8-billion contract to provide open-cut mining services for the Christmas Creek mine expansion under way by iron ore producer Fortescue Metals Group. Macmahon said the contract brought its mining order book to a record $3.6 billion.
Metso Expands Chinese Market Presence
- Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 22:42
Metso continues to widen its market footprint in China, most recently by acquiring a manganese steel foundry in Quzhou City, Zheijang Province, about 400 km southwest of Shanghai. According to the company, the acquisition—announced in early February—will improve its capability to supply wear parts to customers in China and other Asian Pacific markets. The foundry transaction involves the acquisition of assets of Quzhou Juxin Machinery Co., Ltd. and Quzhou Chixin Machinery Co., Ltd.
Sandvik Mining Enters into Supplier Agreement with Anglo American
- Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 22:40
Anglo American and Sandvik Mining followed the signing of a Global Framework Agreement (GFA) between the two companies—focusing on supply and lifetime support services for underground mining equipment—by holding the first Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) Workshop between the two companies last fall, according to Sandvik.
CMS Cepcor Expands its Manufacturing Facilities
- Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 22:39
CMS Cepcor announced that its U.K-based manufacturing subsidiary, Baguley Precision Engineers Ltd., has been transferred into its Precision Services division. CMS Cepcor is a leading European aftermarket manufacturer and supplier of quality replacement crusher spares and service for the quarrying, mining, demolition and recycling industries.
Bell Appoints Wajax as its Canadian Distributor
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 16:19
South African heavy equipment manufacturer Bell Equipment has appointed Wajax Equipment as its distributor and dealer of Bell articulated dump trucks (ADTs) in Canada. The announcement, according to Bell, marks the first major step in its plans to re-launch the brand in the Americas after 12 years of providing product under another brand.
GKN Wheels Invests in Chinese Production Plant
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 16:17
GKN Wheels has invested more than £3 million into its production facility in Liuzhou, southern China, to create a mining wheel ‘center of excellence.’ According to the company, introduction of multi-piece manufacturing and development of a new state-of-the-art cold forming line at the facility enables a wider product range to be manufactured to meet the needs of the international mining industry.
Kazakhmys Chooses ABB for Plant Power Components
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 15:57
ABB has received orders worth $51 million under an agreement signed with Kazakhstan’s largest copper producer, Kazakhmys PLC, to provide electrification and automation solutions for two new copper plants in Kazakhstan. Kazakhmys is the largest producer in Kazakhstan, operating 16 mines.
- Mechel, Marubeni Sign Tire Supply Agreement
- Cat Sells Part of Bucyrus Distribution Business
- Technology Consortium Adds CommodasUltrasort
- Ausdrill African Subsidiary to Handle Syama Gold Contract Mining
- UGL Wins Contract for BHP Iron Ore Facilities
- India’s Top Iron Ore Producer Orders Complete Steel Plant
- University Receives Exploration Software Package Donation
- Sudbury Equipment Manufacturer Wins Cable-carrier Design Award
- Jacobs Sells Pelletizing Technology Assets to Metso
- Sandvik, BHP Billiton Draft Conveyor Design Agreement