Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Transportable Refuge Shelter Makes Relocation Easy
- Created on Tuesday, 17 April 2012 17:03
MineARC Systems recently launched a new, ultra-portable refuge chamber range designed for tight underground confines such as single entry-headings and development areas: the HRM-ELVP (Hard Rock Mine—Extra Low Voltage Portable).
System Warns of Pump Diaphragm Leaks
- Created on Tuesday, 17 April 2012 17:02
All-Flo Pump’s All-Safe DRM (Diaphragm Rupture Management) product is now available globally, designed to alert pump operators in the event of a diaphragm rupture. The enclosed system provides two layers of protection: An early warning sensor, installed between the PTFE overlay and the backup diaphragm, detects a leak if the PTFE overlay becomes compromised.
Higher-performance Hydraulic Breaker
- Created on Tuesday, 17 April 2012 17:01
Atlas Copco says the newest addition to its heavy hydraulic breaker line, the HB 4100, provides better performance and higher efficiency than the preceding model and weighs less. According to the supplier, the HB 4100 has a service weight of 9,039 lb (4,100 kg) making it suitable for carriers in the 88,185- to 154,324-lb [40,000- to 70,000-kg] weight class, but is as powerful as other, much heavier breakers.
Dust Suppression Ring for Conveyor Discharge Points
- Created on Tuesday, 17 April 2012 16:58
A new dust suppression device has been introduced specifically for use at conveyor discharge points, designed to create a virtual curtain around the material flow for outstanding particle containment.
Inching Option for Falk V-Class Drives
- Created on Tuesday, 17 April 2012 16:57
Rexnord is now offering an inching drive option for the Falk V-Class gear drive, allowing slow-speed operation of equipment for inspection and maintenance purposes, as well as enabling the equipment to run continuously to prevent freeze-up of components in cold weather environments.
Soft-head Sledge Hammers
- Created on Tuesday, 17 April 2012 16:48
Nupla’s line of safety sledge hammers feature heads that are heat-treated to a maximum 30 Rockwell hardness, resulting in a malleable head that will not shear or shatter when striking the extremely hard metals found on mining equipment.
Belt Scraper Offers New Features
- Created on Tuesday, 17 April 2012 16:45
Metso says it has improved the Trellex ABC 70 belt scraper by adjusting the design and materials to increase wear life by 25%, improving stability and performance, and making it even easier to install.
LED Floodlights Save Energy
- Created on Tuesday, 17 April 2012 16:44
Phoenix Products’ new ModCom Series of instant-on, surface-mounted LED fixtures is designed to replace high-wattage HID floodlights.
Pump Powers Bolt Tensioners in Tight Spaces
- Created on Tuesday, 17 April 2012 16:44
A new electric tensioner pump from Enerpac is designed to meet the bolt tensioner and hydraulic nut actuation needs of demanding applications, according to the company, which claims its model ZUTP1500 is the only electric tensioner pump on the market to feature a remote-controlled electric valve and universal motor without a hydraulic intensifier.
Multi-Purpose Sludge Pumps
- Created on Tuesday, 17 April 2012 16:43
Xylem has one of the most extensive portfolios of dewatering pumps on the market with the addition of three new sludge pumps to its flagship Flygt 2600 drainage range.
Shotcrete System Handles All Underground Jobs
- Created on Thursday, 29 March 2012 21:09
Putzmeister recently introduced two new units comprising what it describes as a complete system for shotcreting in mining applications.
- Simplified Bench Face Profiling
- Industrial-grade Hose/Cable Floats
- Keep Important Data Safe, Accessible
- Pulleys for Heavy-duty Tramp Metal Removal
- Compact In-line Water Mixer
- Stainless-steel Industrial Equipment Cabinets
- Underground Mine Locomotive
- Off-highway Tire Monitoring System
- Low-profile Face Drilling Rig is Built for Heavy Tramming
- Haulage Scheduling Software Gets 64-Bit Performance Boost