Most Read Articles
- Argentina and the Mining Opportunity
- Brazil Mining
- Kazakhstan—Not Just Another ‘Stan’...
- Breaking the Rare-Earth Monopoly
- Scandinavian Mining
- Iron Ore Contract Sets New High
- Clean Machines: Cut Operating Costs with Contamination Control
- RTB Bor: The Comeback of Serbian Copper
- The Current Status of Cyanide Regulations
- Heap Leaching: Extending Applications
Sandvik Enhances Mid-Range Roadheader Versatility
- Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 22:58
In early February, Sandvik Mining unveiled some major upgrades to one of its mainstream boom-type roadheaders, designed specifically for use in roadway development in coal and soft-rock operations. Building on the long-standing success achieved with the MR340—itself developed from the AM75 Alpine Miner—the new MR341 features extensive design improvements as well as the ability to incorporate an integral support-installation package.
Gearboxes Offer Performance Improvements for Mine Use
- Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 22:57
Gear and drive specialist David Brown says its CX series gearboxes are designed to operate at extremely high defined levels of torque, speed, power and thermal ratings, exceeding competitor performance and representing a new, unique best-in-class model.
Magnets Remove Grinding Media Metal from Ore
- Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 22:55
Eriez claims its trunnion magnet separators effectively remove up to 98% of grinding-media steel balls and ferrous chips from milled ore in SAG or ball mill operations. By eliminating these potentially destructive pieces, damage to downstream equipment is significantly reduced.
Measurement for High-temperature Storage Vessels
- Created on Tuesday, 19 March 2013 22:54
BinMaster Level Controls introduced the 3DLevelScanner HT for measuring volume and mapping material surfaces in bins, tanks and silos with high temperatures. This new model of the 3DLevelScanner has an operating temperature range of up to 356°F (180°C) to accommodate high temperatures that may be present when material has been heated in the production process before it is conveyed into storage silos.
Cabless Track Rig has Extendable Boom
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 15:45
Atlas Copco has introduced the T35 E surface drill rig, the latest addition to the PowerROC product family. The PowerROC T35 E, an extendable-boom version of the current T35 rig, is a no-cabin model that is claimed to drill straighter holes and offers improved safety, comfort and easy-access maintenance. The rig features an aluminum feed system that is highly resistant to bending, while the prism shape of the feed profile allows two directional sliding surfaces as a stable guide for the rock drill cradle. The T35 E’s feed system also uses a cylinder with cables that drives the rock drill cradle to provide more consistent ground contact with the drill bit for higher quality holes. Drilling and tramming controls are located in three separate areas on the machine, allowing operators to safely control the T35 E in difficult environments. There also is no need for the operator to stand next to the feed, resulting in less dust and noise exposure. According to Atlas Copco, the rig’s standard-equipment COP logic control system adjusts to achieve the best drilling performance, and its COP rock drill is designed for mining and tunneling in tough conditions. The combination of the two provides optimal transfer of impact power from bit to rock.
Simulator Upgrade Enhances Trainer Convenience
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 15:44
Immersive Technologies announced the release of its PRO3-B and UG360-B Advanced Equipment Simulators—up-grades of the company’s PRO3 and UG360 models via the inclusion of an enhanced trainer station.
Multi-function Dredge Offers Versatility
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 15:43
Liquid Waste Technology, LLC has launched its newest Mud Cat dredge, the Mud Cat MFD-1000. This multi-function dredge has multiple interchangeable tool options, including an excavator bucket, a cutter basket with dredging pump, a weed rake, and a pile driver.
Belt Cleaner for Heavy-duty Applications
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 15:42
ASGCO says its Super-Skalper XC primary conveyor belt cleaning system can handle tough applications, performing carry-back removal on conveyors that carry the large volumes of material typically encountered in mining applications.
Towable Tank and Trailer is a Mobile Fueling Station
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 15:41
Thunder Creek Equipment developed a double-wall fuel tank and trailer combination that is compliant with the EPA’s SPCC Program as well as DOT406 and Transport Canada regulations.
Tire Monitor System Provides Real-time Results
- Created on Thursday, 21 February 2013 15:40
Bridgestone Commercial Solutions has launched its B-TAG Intelligent Tag system that monitors tire pressure and temperature, and reports the data in real time.
Cat’s 994H Handles Heavy-duty Loading and Blending
- Created on Friday, 14 September 2012 00:00
Cat’s largest wheel loader—the 994H—applies 1,463 net hp (1,092 kW) of power and an operating weight of 431,000 lb (195,500 kg) to the task of loading large mining trucks up to the rated capacity of Cat’s 240-ton 793D.
- New DTH Hammer Designed for Deep Holes
- Mining Valve Selection Guide
- Miner Cap Lamp Works with Tracking Tags
- Snubber Reduces Stress on Shovel Dipper Parts
- Software Builds Geological Shapes from Drillhole Data
- Field Computer Has Smartphone Style
- Second-gen Fine Grinding Mills Offer Many Options
- Aerial Equipment for Mining Applications
- Door System Seals Tightly, Opens Quickly
- Suspended Electromagnets Remove Tramp Iron