Exploration Roundup - November 2017

Ivanhoe Continues to Add Resources at Kamoa-Kakula Project in DRC

Ivanhoe Mines has reported positive results from ongoing exploration drilling at the Kabuli West area of its Kamoa-Kakula copper project near the mining center of Kolwezi in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). An area 2 kilometers (km) by 1 km has been drilled off at Kaul West on an approximate 300-meter (m) grid pattern, while drilling in the “saddle” area between Kabuli West and Kaul is being in-filled in preparation for an updated resource estimate.

Read more in our Digital Edition

Exploration Roundup - September 2017

Osisko Drilling 400,000 m at Windfall Lake

Osisko Mining has reported numerous favorable results from an ongoing, 400,000-meter (m) drill program at its Windfall Lake gold project in Urban Township, Abitibi, Québec. The program combines definition, expansion, and exploration drilling in and around the main Windfall deposit, as well as in the adjacent, recently discovered Lynx deposit located immediately northeast of Windfall.

Read the Whole Article in our Digital Edition

Exploration Roundup - August 2017

Iamgold Continues to Hit High-grade at Monster Lake

Iamgold has reported assay results from the final 14 drill holes, totaling a little more than 5,400 meters (m), from a total of 25 diamond drill holes, totaling 10,657 m, completed during the 2016-2017 winter drilling campaign at its Monster Lake joint-venture project 50 kilometers (km) southwest of Chibougamau, Quebec, Canada. High-grade intercepts include 3.5 m grading 67.42 grams(g) per metric ton (mt) of gold, including 1.2 m grading 203.31 g/mt of gold, and 5 m grading 80.28 g/mt of gold, including 1.8 m grading 208.41 g/mt of gold.

Iamgold holds a 50% interest in the Monster Lake project. Pursuant to an earn-in option agreement with TomaGold, Iamgold can earn a further 25% undivided interest, for a total of 75%, should it spend a further C$10 million on the project within a seven-year period, beginning January 1, 2015.

Read the whole article in our Digital Edition

Exploration Roundup - July 2017

Marathon Gold Plans 60,000-m Drill Program at Valentine Lake

Marathon Gold has announced exploration and development plans for its Valentine Lake Gold Camp property in central Newfoundland that include a 60,000-meter (m) drill program focused primarily on the Marathon deposit. Three drills are on site, with a fourth to be added in the third quarter of 2017. The company is also prospecting a 7-km2 area to the northeast of the Victory deposit on the property, where historical gold showings warrant additional work.
Marathon planning also includes advanced environmental studies for future mine permitting and additional metallurgical work to optimize recoveries for conventional milling and heap leaching.

Read the Whole Article in our Digital Edition

Resource Center Whitepapers, Videos, Case Studies