Modular Mining Systems has unveiled its third-generation Maintenance Management solution, MineCare 3. First introduced in 2003, MineCare, according to the Tucson, Arizona, USA-based company, was designed from the start to provide fleet operators with the information and tools needed to monitor fleet health in real time.
The MineCare 3 solution builds upon this foundation with new features, benefits and capabilities, including:
- Cloud-based deployment for simplified installation, upgrades and management.
- Geographic map view for heightened mine visibility in real time.
- Advanced, intelligent data collection, monitoring and analytics capabilities.
- Real-time visual equipment health tracking.
- Component-level problem detection and alarms.
- Multi-equipment trending to predict potential failures and assist in proactive planning.
- Streamlined, user-configurable dashboards for at-a-glance information.
According to Modular, MineCare 3’s advanced cloud computing, data monitoring, and analytics capabilities help resolve equipment issues quickly by predicting specific failure modes before they occur and enabling a condition-based maintenance approach.
Users can specify continuous or conditional data-monitoring options via dynamic, user-configurable dashboards, in support of specific maintenance management goals, and then perform predictive trending for early detection of abnormal behavior, rates of change, and parameters outside of normal operating ranges.
These capabilities also minimize interruption to daily workflows and deploy application updates to multiple devices simultaneously.
Modular noted that the introduction of a cloud-based, Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription configuration, eliminates IT infrastructure investments, improves data storage efficiency, and simplifies installation, upgrades, and management.
MineCare 3 can deploy as a standalone application or it can integrate with Modular’s DISPATCH Fleet Management system (FMS).