Modular Mining Systems has released its DISPATCH Underground 2015 Fleet Management system (FMS) and noted that previous versions of the system have been helping underground mine operations achieve utilization and productivity goals since 1989. The latest evolution of the underground FMS, according to the company, gives mines a higher degree of visibility into development and production activities taking place below the surface.
The DISPATCH Underground system maximizes production through real-time, total-activity management of all mobile equipment units. Rugged RFID tags and tag readers track the movements of machines through the mine, while GPS technology monitors equipment position above ground. With the comprehensive level of equipment tracking, mines can realize more accurate time tracking, material tracking, and reporting for all development and production processes.
Durable, purpose-built mobile hardware facilitates the real-time exchange of information between the operator at the working face and personnel in the central office for increased productivity, efficiency and safety. Automated tools for advanced production, material movement, and crew and locations management help mines keep operations running at optimal capacity and according to plan.
New features and system enhancements include:
- Advanced development process management;
- Comprehensive active task management;
- Expanded workflow automation;
- Updated desktop- and mobile-application user interfaces;
- Increased flexibility, configurability and adaptability;
- Heightened data capture capabilities; and
- Microsoft Windows, SQL Server 2012, and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) support.